At KS4 students have the option to continue their study of food by selecting Level 2 Hospitality and Catering.
Catering covers the following areas of study:
- The industry — food and drink
- Job roles, employment opportunities and relevant training
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Food preparation, cooking and presentation
- Nutrition and menu planning
- Costing and portion control
- Specialist equipment
- Communication and record keeping
Unit 1: Non Examination Assessment (60%), students will research, plan and make 2 dishes with accompaniments.
Unit 2: This is a paper examination (40%) based on the hospitality and catering industry.