We can help you access funding for your child
Recent changes in government funding for schools means that a proportion of the money allocated to schools is based on the number of students who are eligible for free school meals.
Some parents and carers who are eligible do not claim as their children prefer to have a packed lunch. This reduces the amount of money allocated to the school. If this is your situation then we would ask you to help us by registering your entitlement. Your child does not actually have to have a free school meal. All you have to do is fill out and submit the attached form as eligibility is checked online and documentary evidence is only required if the online check is unsuccessful.
To be eligible for Free School Meals you need to be in receipt of one of the following:
• Income Support
• Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit (most recent award notice – with no Working Tax Credit and annual income not exceeding £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
• Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
• Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get) at the time of your application.
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act
If you are eligible and willing to help access funding for our students please complete and submit the attached form as soon as possible (you can come into school and collect a copy if that would help). If you are not sure, fill out the form and we will check it for you.
If you have any queries regarding Free School Meals or the process of claiming them then please contact the College reception.
Can I take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your continued support of the College and helping us to provide the best educational opportunities we can for our students.
Mr Le Marquand