Your focus following our lessons this week should be on Left and Right Realism and Crime prevention strategies.
Make sure you can;
- Explain Left and Right Realist explanations of crime (why does crime happen)
- Explain the strengths and limitations of each of these approaches (give clear details of the issues they overlook or the problems with their views on crime)
- Describe the main crime prevention strategies of both Left and Right Realism (the can also be found in your text books and notes from our lessons this week).
- Describe the limitations with the crime prevention strategies of each of these perspectives.
- Link this work with our recent work on Surveillance and the Panoptican Society (thinking about the benefits and problems with this form of 'social control').
There is a Paper 3 question paper below which has a 30 mark question for you to help focus your notes and revision. Begin preparing for this question (Q5). The next work we cover will add to this and develop our answers.
The remainder of this Paper also contains some useful questions to help focus your revision.
Examine the view that gender is a key factor in determining educational success.
Use the AQA wesbsite (www.aqa.org.uk) to revise and refresh the module we have been covering in class.
You will need to have a confident and detailed knowledge of the following;
- relationships and processes within schools
- particular reference to teacher/pupil relationship
- pupil identities and subculture
- the hidden curriculum
- the organisation of teaching and learning
Make sure you are making full and effective use of your study sessions.
Complete the following question;
"Examine two factors within school which can cause differences in educational success between genders".
You must make sure your answer includes clear reference to the question and offers counter-arguments and evidence for each point made.
Outline three reasons why government education policies aimed at raising educational achievement among disadvantaged groups may not always succeed.
You will need to apply content we have covered in class and also think carefully about other possible content you can apply.
To be handed in at the start of our Monday lesson.
On 28.10.19 we will be sitting a practice paper focused on the content we have covered so far in Education.
This will include:
- Role and Function of education
- Social Policy (what we have covered thus far)
- Social Groups
- Relationships and processes in school
Make full and proper use of your half term to make sure you are confident on these sections.
Complete the 30 mark question from June 2018 Education paper.
Aim to complete the first two sections (arguments for/against) by Monday when we will look at this in class.
Full 30 marks to be completed by 05.11.19.
Prepare and PRACTICE your 309 mark questions (from Homework 6 and feedback),
We will be completing this under timed conditions on Monday 18th November.
Complete the 10 mark exam question on Green Crime given out in class today.
Make sure you refer to the Item and make reference to specific cases of Green / environmental Crime.
We will be continuing this work in our lesson on 03.02.20.
Complete the 20 mark question on Ethnicity and Crime.
Makes sure you know and can recall this content well - we will revisit immediately after the February half term.