GCSEPod offers over 3,500 teacher-written, audio-visual podcasts produced specifically for mobile devices and containing all the right facts, quotes, keywords, dates and annotated diagrams that learners need for GCSE success. Watch podcasts on mobile, tablet or computer and get help with learning, homework and revision. All students have already been registered with GCSEPod and so simply need to activate their account and choose a username and password. To access GCSEPod for the first time, follow these three steps:
- Go to www.gcsepod.com (or use the link below!) and click "Login"
- Enter name, date of birth and find your school
- Enter your school username and password (to be used next time you login) and select the subjects your study
The Learning Café is the central hub for Key Stage 4 students. Students can attend revision sessions, use ICT facilities, work with the Learning mentors or complete homework. Sessions run after school on Monday – Friday from 3.05 onwards. Students can come along to get refreshments before carrying on with revision or study sessions.
In addition to this, we also run Exam Plan sessions to help with time management and revision, iRevise where students can use iPad apps to help them with revision and a regular Learning Café Quiz which is very popular.
If you would like more information about the Learning Café please speak to one the KS4 team.
It’s exam time once again and hopefully you have started revising by now. Revising for GCSE exams can seem like a huge task but careful planning and effective revision techniques will make it more manageable.
You have all attended a revision workshop in school and will have discussed revision with your subject teachers but here are Ten Top Tips to get you started:
- Make sure you find out what you need to revise – speak to your subject teachers if you are unsure. - Check when your exams are – speak to the Exams Officer if you need another copy of your exam timetable.
- Make a realistic revision plan and stick to it! – book an ExamPlan@theLearningCafé session if you need help to do this. See below for a blank revision planner.
- Register for GCSEPod and make sure you use it – see one of the KS4 team if you need help logging on.
- Go to the Learning Café. Sign up for revision sessions over Easter and May half term and make sure you attend them.
- Find out which revision techniques work for you – check your revision guide for ideas on how to revise.
- Plan how you will check what you have learnt at the end of each day.
- Take regular brain breaks – take a short break every 20 minutes or so. This will make your revision more effective.
- Remember: the time to work is now. Believe in yourself and make it happen.