Post: Pastoral Leader
Full time permanent
Pay scale: MPS/UPS (TLR 2C £6288)
Required from 1st September 2019
We are looking for an outstanding teacher, with experience of pastoral leadership. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic pastoral team, reporting directly to the Assistant Principal for inclusion. The position is rewarding and requires an outstanding teacher with the ability to multi-task and prioritise demands. Liaison with external agencies is also an important aspect of the job especially in areas of Safeguarding and Child Protection.
The successful applicant will:
• Develop a year group ethos in line with the college ethos
• Have a full and working knowledge of college policies and protocol relevant to the post
• Have a full and working knowledge of national and local statutory and non-statutory guidance and protocol relevant to the post
• Engage with pastoral staff: encouraging innovation, ensuring efficiency of the team and monitoring outcomes.
• Develop and monitor effective systems with regard to student welfare
• Develop the student and parent/carer voice
• Share good practice within the school and beyond
• An established and comprehensive induction programme
• A strong commitment to professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
• A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 25th February 2019
SJH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.